Welcome to MLR Institute of Technology
MLR Institute of Technology was established in the year 2005 with the aim of providing quality education to all sections of the society. The college is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University-Hyderabad, Accredited by NBA, NAAC with 'A' Grade and UGC AUTONOMOUS.
The youngest college in Telangana to be ranked as top 10th college by NIRF (National Institute Ranking Framework)
- Our Students are our Pride Towards all round development.
- Every student admitted into MLRIT will be a member of at least two of the five Professional Associations such as ISTE, CSI, AeSI and IETE at the College Expense.
- Students are trained during summer vacation for Summer Projects for PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE at School, at various industries and are imparted.
- Value added Courses are conducted to enhance their soft skills.
- MLRIT is well equipped with 15 centers of excellences in collaboration with top most companies.
- MLRIT established R & D forum to develop scientific curiosity and creativity.
- placement Training is imparted right from 2nd year 1st semester onwards by best of HR Professional Trainers, drawn from the best HR Company.
- MLRIT has a unique distinction of becoming Institutional member in professional bodies such as Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI), Computer Society India (CSI), Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE).
ABOUT AERONAUTICAL DEPARTMENT
The department of Aeronautical Engineering was established in the year 2005, offers 4 year B. Tech programme with an intake of 120. Hyderabad is going to be the hub of Aeronautical Engineering and space sciences and the department is fully geared to meet the challenges of the related establishments - HAL, ISRD, and DRDL.
The students from this department have won University Gold Medals in 2009 & 2012 in Academics. B.Tech Program in Aeronautical Engineering has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) since 2013.
- The department is collaborated with NAL, DASSAULT Systems, AERX Labs, TASL, BOEING.
- MLRIT is one among Six colleges in INDIA for Sponsored Project work for students with BOEING Company and one among the 10 colleges in paid internship with Dassault systems.
- The college in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana offers certification of CATIA from DASSAULT Systems.
- The department has 3 centre of excellences in Flight Simulation, Digital Manufacturing, Computational Systems.
- The faculty has published 100 international and national journals in which 50 are Scopus indexed.
The department is also rich in the achievements of students:
- Our M.Tech students have won the first prize in National Level Competition conducted by National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) for the project Drone pesticide spraying autonomous agriculture support.
- Bagged 3rd prize in Aero Design Challenge 2017 and got a special prize for Best Design Report from SAE India.
- Our student project Surface Grinding Machine is certified as project of the year 2017 by Dassault Systems.
- Our students project got selected in the Innovative Student Projects Award 2017 organized by Indian National Academy of Engineering.
- Selected as best project at state level for poster presentation in ESIC-Engineering Students Innovation Challenge
ABOUT MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2009 with a modest intake of 60. Currently the Department has an intake of 180. The Department also offers PG studies in CAD/CAM and Thermal Engineering. The CAD/CAM course was started in the year 2010 and Thermal Engineering commenced in the year 2013. The Department has currently 5 Doctorates, 7 Associate Professors and 37 Assistant Professors. The Department of Mechanical Engineering has well established laboratories required for undergraduate and post graduate teaching.
Highlights of Department
- Apart from the University prescribed laboratories, the department has also established Dynamics Laboratory.
- State of the art facilities in the areas of Digital Manufacturing, Embedded Systems and Robotics (in Collaboration with IIT, Mumbai), Product Life Cycle Management (in Collaboration with TATA TECHNOLOGIES) and Computational Techniques (in Collaboration with DASSAULT Systems) have also been established as Center of Excellences’.
- Students apart from their curricula, get additional skill sets in these emerging technologies.
- In addition to this the department has full-fledged workshop which is spread over many basic and advanced shops.
- The workshop of the department is fully equipped with modern machines, tools, equipments and measuring instruments.
- The students have indigenously built an all-terrain car using these workshop facilities.
- The Departmental faculty and students regularly publish research papers in reputed journals.
- In addition the Department conducts regularly several trainings & workshops both for the faculty and students.
- The Department also has to its credit DST funded projects